How to Keep Your Passengers Safe on the Road
Here’s how to keep your passengers safe while on the road.
As a driver, it’s your responsibility to be safe on the roads, not only for yourself but also for your passengers and other drivers. With the roads busier than ever, it’s important to take care on the roads to remain safe.
Here are the top tips to ensure that you and your passengers cruise safely on the roads today.
Always stick to the speed limit! Road safety laws are there to protect you and your passengers. Drivers are more likely to be injured in a collision when a car is traveling at high speeds.
Here are some additional tips about speed:
- Regularly check your speed as you drive
- Know the limits – always take notice of signs
- Slow your speed as soon as you get into residential areas
- Remember speed limits are a maximum and not a target
Wearing a seatbelt will keep passengers traveling in a car securely and prevent them being thrown through the windscreen during a crash. Always make sure that passengers have their seatbelt on before setting off.
Avoid the top three distractions:
- Cell phones – Using your cell phone in any way is distracting. Mute notifications for incoming calls, alerts, and texts so that you can concentrate on the road ahead.
- Children and pets – Ensure that your child and pet are strapped in safely at all times so that they cannot move around the car while traveling.
- The radio – Settle on a radio station before setting off so that you don’t fiddle with the dials while driving.
Keep your car in good condition by regularly checking the car’s lights, tire pressure, brakes, fluids, and oil levels. Make sure that there is always an emergency kit in the car and that you have sufficient auto insurance if there is an accident.
Minimize risk by ensuring that you have the right coverage on your auto insurance policy from the professionals at American Advantage – IFS Inc. We serve Pewaukee and neighboring cities of Wisconsin with the reliable coverage to keep your premiums affordable, without sacrificing coverage. Contact us today to get started!